I just picked up a sweet, sweet HD video camera - I think this is the first "mini" camera I've ever used that produces such amazing output. I've tried the lame Sanyo Xactis and Flip Ultras of yesteryear, and came away unimpressed. The color rendition, resolution and motion are way better on a big screen. This is a lame and pointless video test, because
- It's edited and re-compressed to display in a tiny flash box on my website (although you can download a higer-res version at the bottom of the post);
- I recorded in "only" 720p (it can do 1080p);
- I recorded at "only" 30 frames per second (it can do 60);
- I somehow managed to turn off the shake reduction before shooting and I don't have the steadiest hand;
- I couldn't find anything interesting to shoot.
[video] However, I hereby commit to posting videos from now on.